Friday, January 22, 2010

Ohsu Doctors Hormone Imbalance. What Doctor Do I Need? OHSU?

Hormone imbalance. What doctor do I need? OHSU? - ohsu doctors

I have a hormonal imbalance. I have for many years. I am a woman of 26 years. Doctors can not decide if I have polycystic ovary syndrome or not. I am no more weight, but gained in recent times. I am the thin side. Whenever my FSH and LH checked my LH is too high and my FSH is very low. My testosterone is too high. You think I'm ovulating. I just do not want the pills. They also found a small pituitary adenoma on MRI. They tell me it does not do anything right, because it is too small and not greatly changed in recent years. I do not get regular basis, without a kind of drug. Now, I use natural progesterone cream and that seems to work well for a point. I have problems with the stomach, where it feels can not I breathe very well in my abdomen and I have some swelling around my waist, almost as if I have a nervous stomach constant. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy, were normal. She said she thinks that my problems have nothing to do on my hormones. Alsothe last 5 years I hav e lost more than half of my hair on the scalp. And only in the scalp. I used to be very thick. Now I can barely cover my head with everything else.

I want to see a doctor OHSU, because I do not get anywhere with doctors in my city. You want to just treat my symptoms and just put me on birth control. I do not. I spent several years in them, and I am not a catastrophe. I want to find a doctor, the cause of my problems. I just do not know what kind of specialste I need. I saw an endocrinologist and a gynecologist before they wanted to put me on birth control. Any advice would be helpful. I am desperate. I would not want that child in the near future, but the way things are today are not possible because my hormones. If I end a pregnancy told me that most likely have a miscarriage.

2 comments:

  1. I saw myself with PCOS. I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy, but I'm not heal in relation to other possibilities, for now, the. You mentioned to help with metformin (aka Glucophage) to the treatment? PCOS can lead to insulin resistance, which helps with this and the problem of testosterone. I read a lot about him lately, because I ask this question, I do. I list some sites that I found, but they can with metformin in PCOS and much more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw myself with PCOS. I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy, but I'm not heal in relation to other possibilities, for now, the. You mentioned to help with metformin (aka Glucophage) to the treatment? PCOS can lead to insulin resistance, which helps with this and the problem of testosterone. I read a lot about him lately, because I ask this question, I do. I list some sites that I found, but they can with metformin in PCOS and much more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete